La Cucina Italiana Teacher
The TASIS Summer Program is seeking a Cucina Italiana teacher for the summer of 2021. Interested candidates should submit a Summer Programs Employment Application.
- Create a curriculum consistent with the course description and teach 5-12 students, Monday-Friday from 9:30–2:40
- Serve as a weekend trip chaperone
- Assist with dorm supervision
- Assist with afternoon sports/activities twice a week
- Professional experience as a chef
- Knowledge of Italian cooking
- Fluency in Italian
- Ideally, experience working with children and/or in the field of education
- Commensurate with experience
- Travel expenses
- Room and board
La Cucina Italiana
This course gives students an introduction to the delectable world of Italian cooking and teaches students the fundamentals of creating delicious Italian meals. Students learn Italian cooking and shopping vocabulary, practicing at nearby food markets and while touring cheese and meat factories. They also learn knife skills and serving and dining etiquette. The students create an original menu to share with their peers at the end of the session.