The TASIS Summer Program is seeking an experienced high school or college digital photography teacher to instruct our summer course. The course description is below. Interested candidates should submit an application and CV to Jim Haley (firstname.lastname@example.org). The application can be downloaded from the summer employment page of the TASIS website.
- Arrive July 7 and depart August 9 or 10.
- Create a curriculum consistent with the course description and teach 8-12 students, Monday-Friday from 9:30-2:40.
- Serve as a weekend trip chaperone.
- Assist with dorm supervision.
- Assist with afternoon sports/activities twice a week
- EU/UK or Swiss passport holder.
- Experience teaching a comparable course in high school or college
- 2000 Swiss Francs net
- Health insurance
- Travel expenses
- Room and board
This course is an introduction to the technical and aesthetic properties of digital photography with an emphasis on using a digital camera as a tool for photographic self-expression. Students learn basic image-editing skills using the Adobe Lightroom digital software, and trips around the region provide opportunities to practice shooting among some of the most beautiful and dramatic scenery in Europe.