Posted 01/11/2019 08:48AM
The TASIS Summer Program is seeking a multi-talented and preferably multi-lingual individual to serve as Technical Director for the entirety of the summer program. Interested candidates should submit an application and CV to Michael Rosenbaum (firstname.lastname@example.org)
June 12-August 14.
- Coordinate all Technical resources and spaces on campus
- Run and Design both Sound and Lighting for the musicals, dramas and special events
- Maintenance and general up-keep of all technical equipment
- Design and build the sets for each program
- Teach a Set Design Club for Middle Schoolers
- Analyzing costs for scenic designs
- Overseeing all day-to-day operations of the scene shop
- Purchasing materials and equipment (in Italian or willingness to work with Italian speakers)
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience as a Technical Director of a Theater or similar space
- Fluency in English, Italian preferred.
- Proficiency with lighting boards, lights, with the ability to design cues
- Proficiency in sound design, with the ability to design cues
- Adaptability, flexibility, and a sense of humor.
- Willingness to work long hours and be a part of a creative Teaching Artist team of teachers from all over the world!
- Commensurate with experience
- Travel expenses (if applicable)
- Room and board (if applicable)