Information & Employment Application
Dear TASIS England Teacher and Teaching Assistant Candidates,
We appreciate your interest in our summer program in England. We strive to retain the most qualified teachers each summer. A majority of our faculty and staff return each year to enjoy the wealth of experiences that occur during a summer at TASIS England. The season passes rapidly and becomes an invigorating one for all involved. A weekday consists of classes, afternoon sports, an evening study time, and special nightly activities. Weekends consist of chaperoning visits to numerous sites throughout London and the surrounding community.
Teachers are required to work long hours. Personal free time is limited to selective evenings off and assigned weekend free days. One full free weekend is available for each teacher. Living accommodations vary and may include residential apartments, transformed student rooms, and converted class rooms.
- Must have a college degree that is connected to an open teaching position
- Must have at least 24 months of documented past teaching experience in subject areas that correspond to an individual's subject expertise. This is required in order to obtain a work visa.
- Must be willing to work and live in a dormitory.
- ESL teachers must have a CELTA Certificate and be able to demonstrate past teaching experience
- Must be full time students who currently are completing their last year at the university level. Current full time graduate students are also considered eligible.
- Past experience working with children and teaching experience are highly preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- Must be willing to work and live in a dormitory
Both Teachers and Teaching Assistants should be willing to work long hours and put forth a dedicated effort